My Gallery(Update as 19/Dec/07)

My Growth

17/05/2007(At birth)3.27kgs 51cm
30/06/2007(1month 2wks)4.6kgs 57cm
17/08/2007(3months)5.45kgs 62cm
17/09/2007(4months)5.9kgs 64.4cm
18/10/2007(5months 1day)6.35kg 66cm
06/01/2008(7months 20days)7.8kgs 69cm
29/05/2008(1year 12days)8.8kgs 74cm
31/08/2008(1year 3months 14days) 10kgs 76.5cm

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Peanut Allergy

Just a quick post before I start preparing for tonight dinner.

Ever since Keito turned 1yo, I am quite easy with the food given to him outside. Never did I know that he have an allergy! 2 weeks ago, I was out to have lunch, and as Keito was having a slight cough, I thought maybe it was due to" heaty" and I don't gave him biscuits as I will usually do.

I was having a french toast(I didn't really check what was in it, well, there was some peanut butter in it) and a chicken wing and I offered him the french toast.
It was a small one.. really small one! While he was eating, the "hives" started appearing around the mouth, yes "while he was eating!" Just imagine how fast he start to react to the allergy!

As I had read articles on allergies before,and knowing how serious an allergy can be, I immediately brought him to a clinic. But because the hives was only at the mouth area, doctor cannot confirmed it was an allergy. He told me if it is, the hives will start appearing all over the body in an hour time. True enough, an hour time, Keito started to have rashes all over the body, not even a part of body was spared!
Panicked, I rushed him down to hospital where he had to put under observation for a night. Because in a serious case, it will caused the airway to be blocked and causing breathing difficulty and Keito can't even tell me anything yet.

Luckily all was fine, he had recovered after taking the medicine. A lesson learned! I need to be careful to what is given to him now. Though people tell me, it only he try the food then you will know what he is allergy to but till now I am still very paranoid, I need to get over this first.

More on Nut Allergy


♥ Love Keito ♥
 
Serenity Blogger Template